Filers: Get Your Payment
Use the “Get My Payment” application to:
- Check your payment status
- Confirm your payment type: direct deposit or check
- Enter or update your bank account information for direct deposit if the IRS doesn’t have your direct deposit information and they haven’t already sent your payment
Update your bank account or mailing address
- If the IRS does not have your direct deposit information from your 2018 or 2019 return – and a check has yet to be sent – use the Get My Payment application to update your bank information. This would be where you would want your stimulus payment to be deposited into.
- 2019 Filers: The IRS will send your payment using the information you provided to your tax preparer when you filed your 2019 tax return.
- 2018 Filers: If you need to change your account information or mailing address, file your 2019 taxes electronically as soon as possible. That is the only way to let the IRS know of your new information.
It is important that everyone knows the IRS is currently not processing paper returns due to the Coronavirus.
For questions or more information contact Monica Brewer, #TheTaxExpert at 706-221-5171.
- UV Index
7 Day Forecast