LEE COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — Former Alabama House Speaker Mike Hubbard has turned himself in to the Lee County Jail to begin a four-year prison sentence.
This comes after Hubbard’s appeal to the Alabama Supreme Court was denied back in August. Hubbard is accused of violating ethics violations during his time as Speaker of the House. He was found guilty on 12 counts back in 2016.
Hubbard served in the Alabama House of Representatives from 1998 until his conviction in 2016.
- SEC announces roster, positional guidelines for cancellations
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- WRBL PrepZone Week 5: Georgia Highlights
- News 3 PrepZone: Week 5 Alabama Highlights
- A car wash can go a long way to support families for “charity day”