ORANGE BEACH, Ala. (WKRG) – Orange Beach Police confirm a shark bit a 14-year-old in the Gulf of Mexico Friday afternoon.
It happened around 1 p.m. near the Phoenix 4 condominiums. Police say the 14-year-old was old near a sand bar when it happened.
Injuries appear to be minor and non life-threatening.
Note: A previous version of this story said the person bitten was 15 years old.
- ‘I had no clue it would impact so many’: Teacher’s positive back-to-school post goes viral
- Trump Administration eases showerhead rules after president complains of water flow
- DeVos: Students returning to school will give families ‘options’
- Gov. Kay Ivey awards $26M in COVID-19 relief funds for Alabama agriculture
- Veteran Schley County science teacher treating virtual learning as ‘big science experiment’