MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — A proposed bill in the Alabama Legislature would require all men in the state to get a vasectomy within one month of their 50th birthday or the birth of their third biological child, whichever comes first.
The bill was proposed by Rep. Rolanda Hollis Thursday. The proposal also states the procedure will be done at the man’s own expense.
The bill is currently in committee at this time. If it is passed, the bill would go into effect the third month since its approval.
- Car accident on County Road 14 in Hurtsboro leaves one dead
- Dispute between two men leads to one shot on 1st Avenue
- McAllen man arrested for ex-wife’s death has previous murder attempt convictions
- Delta bans 100 passengers from taking flights and adding them to a “no fly” list for refusing to wear masks
- New Zealand has gone 100 days without community transmission of COVID-19