MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — Fire crews responded to the Alabama State House in Montgomery Friday afternoon.
According to an unnamed building manager, the building was evacuated after an exhaust fan in a bathroom on the third floor started smoking, causing a light smell of smoke throughout the building.
No injuries were reported. Montgomery Fire and Rescue as well as ALEA are on the scene.
This is a developing story, which will be updated as new details are available.
- Cindy McCain endorses Biden for president in rebuke of Trump
- Governor Kay Ivey announces creation of the Alabama Prison Repurposing Commission
- 4 charged in death of man found burning in Iowa ditch
- Pelosi announces bipartisan deal to avoid shutdown
- President Donald Trump to visit Georgia Friday