NORTHPORT, Ala. (WIAT) — Supporters of President Donald Trump held a boat parade Labor Day on the Black Warrior River in Northport.
Around 20 boats participated in the event, which started at 1:30 p.m. at Oliver Lock and Dam. According to parade organizers Jackson Lancaster and Brayden Brewer wrote, the parade will finish at Fosters Sandbar.
Over 1,000 people expressed interest in the event’s Facebook page.
“Show your support for President Trump and our country and fly your Trump flags!” the organizers wrote on Facebook.
Over the weekend, several boats sunk during a similar parade held at Lake Travis in Texas.
- Attorney General William Barr, Ivanka Trump announce more than $100 million in grants to combat human trafficking
- Federal judge: Wrongful death lawsuit against Muscogee County Sheriff in inmate beating death continues
- Vote America makes push on Nat’l Voter Registration Day
- Autopsy results released for Rosewood Drive murder victim
- Mnuchin and Powell on pandemic progress: US economy is improving, but still fragile