As Zeta approaches the WRBL viewing area and weather conditions begin to deteriorate, the WRBL First Alert Weather Team will keep a list updated as closure announcements are sent in while the area braces for Zeta.
Here’s what we know will be closed or delayed:
- St. Anne-Pacelli Catholic School in Columbus, Ga. will be closed on Thursday, Oct. 29 due to power outages and minor flooding on campus. No virtual learning is scheduled. Classes will resume Oct. 30.
- Lee County, Alabama schools will be closed Thursday, Oct. 29 due to road closures, power outages, and storm damage. No remote learning is expected.
- Harris County Schools will delay operations by two hours for Thursday, Oct. 29.
- Russell County Schools will move to remote learning for Thursday, Oct. 29.
- Troy University will have evening classes canceled, with the Trojan Center open as a storm shelter starting tonight, Oct. 28. The University will remain open until 5 p.m., all evening in-person classes and activities at all Alabama locations will be canceled as a precaution. Troy officials say that on-campus residents can seek shelter in their residence halls, students in mobile homes are encouraged to seek shelter from the tropical storm’s wind and marginal risk for tornadoes. Normal operations are expected to resume Oct. 29.