WRBL.COM is a proud member of Nexstar Media Group, Inc. and the Nexstar Nation.
With 171 television stations in 100 markets, Nexstar Media Group is the largest TV station operator in the country. But we are more than that. We’re also a technology company. Along with a broad range of broadcast opportunities, Nexstar staffs a growing and diversified digital media operation encompassing content management and mobile platforms, content marketing, targeted advertising products and strategic digital design and advertising operations. From newsroom to sales to operations to digital technology, joining Nexstar Nation offers unlimited opportunities for your career endeavors.
We respect our audience, customers, employees and owners. We encourage every individual’s contributions and personal growth. We honor diversity. We foster work environments that provide personal pride through job satisfaction and a balanced life. We embrace the communities in which we operate. We promote open communications, innovation and creativity. We strive for excellence in all our endeavors. We are in the local content business, providing multiple platforms for news, entertainment and successful marketing solutions, enriching each community we serve. Each of our television stations are local service businesses.
With markets ranging from small to major, Nexstar has a place for every experience level. Whether you’re just starting your broadcasting career or ready to make the leap into a larger market, Nexstar offers a broad range of opportunities. And that same market diversity allows Nexstar to give employees room to grow and progress in their careers. As your experience, ability, talent and ambition grows, so too will your options within Nexstar Nation.
We at Nexstar pride ourselves on the opportunities we provide for employees to give back to their communities. On our 20th anniversary in June 2016, we didn’t throw a party. Instead, Nexstar employees fanned out across the country to contribute thousands of hours of community service. It was an employee-driven effort focused on local non-profits and charities. This inaugural “Founders Day of Caring” is just one of the many service opportunities for Nexstar Nation employees.
WRBL Current Job Openings
- WRBL, Columbus Georgia, is seeking to hire a Digital Executive Producer to develop strategy that grows audience across a three-screen experience (digital, mobile, TV) for Nexstar Media, Inc. the country’s largest owner of local TV stations, and reaches 75 million television households in the U.S.
- The CBS affiliate WRBL-TV in Columbus, GA seeks a dynamic Sales Account Executive. The Sales Account Executive generates advertising revenue by calling on established agencies, cold-calling new prospects and convincing potential clients of the merits of television advertising.
- The Sales Assistant works within established Sales Department guidelines to maximize station revenue opportunities from an order entry, traffic and accounting perspective. The Sales assistant is also responsible for performing all clerical functions required by department personnel as needed.
- The Senior Producer works with talent and team of producers to organize and build the daily shows. The successful candidate will contribute to the editorial and creative focus of the show, builds the rundowns, assigns stories, writes teases, copy edits scripts, and oversees production values of the show.
- The Production Director is responsible for: researching, planning, managing and producing news programming.
- The Studio Technician operates various equipment (camera, audio, visual, graphics, lighting, or digital) used for production and/or transmission.
Broadcast IT Engineer
- Part-Time Broadcast IT Engineer. This entry-level position will support all live Broadcast and Post Production/Editing equipment in a digital television facility. The ideal candidate must be able to excel in a fast-paced environment, work well under pressure and be solution-oriented. Strong verbal and written communication skills are a critical component of this role.